Video Editing As A Hobby 📹

 


                                                                               

Have you ever wondered how Youtubers make those epic videos? Well today I'm not going to show you! That did not make sense Today instead of making another crummy editing tutorial, I will be going one step back and giving my advice on video editing as a hobby. Interested? Read on! 


My opinion on if you should take editing up as a hobby


“Video editing is both a rewarding profession and useful skill for personal use.” This statement which is quoted from the American Graphics Institute’s website details why I do video editing as a hobby. I use video editing as both a way to express myself and to pass time. I usually make little edits to show to my friends at school or to upload onto my youtube channel called Beavermon. So should you take up video editing? Well the choice is up to you, but I do recommend doing it as learning video editing comes with quite a lot of benefits. For example, I learned how to cross share large files between a mac to an iphone and that to a hp laptop. I also learned how to convert videos into mp3’s and how to use color palettes in text. Overall, learning video editing is a great thing to do. 


What do I use to edit my videos? 


Me and video editors have a long history together, I started video editing with iMovie on my mom’s iphone 8 plus. After that, I started to use Movavi, I had no problem with the watermark as I was just playing around with the software and putting effects onto clips. That was the real deal, I thought, “what if I buy Movavi premium and use it to edit some of my videos?” It worked marvelously, I used 300$ (HKD) that I got from good test results to buy the Movavi Premium pass and done! I could create new no watermark high quality videos for my Youtube channel! And that’s what I use to this day. I might switch to Davinci Resolve one day but for now I'm pretty happy. 


Why did I take up video editing? 


I took up video editing by mistake. I was in XiaMen (A city in China) and I scored my first ever overseas ice hockey goal. It was amazing and my mom who happened to be recording used iMovie to put Despacito over the clip (it was like 2016 ok) I asked my mom how she did it and she introduced me to iMovie. And then you know the rest. I stuck to the hobby because there is always something new to do whether it be new filters or a new trend to do. I also have a confession to make: 9.477235636758432678324645350923% of why I decided to pick up video editing is to show off to my friends and family. (😅) In addition to all of that, video editing also lets me express my own opinion in a creative and unique manner. 


Conclusion:

All in all, I think that taking up video editing as a hobby is an extremely beneficial hobby to take up and I strongly encourage you (if you have the time) to give it a try. That’s just my opinion on it so if you have a different view that's fine! See you in the next post! 


-Trevor 


Follow pls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trip to New York City and Miami

A Brief History of Discord

Zimbabwe Hyperinflation